This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
As Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching I started to look up verses about love. There are SO MANY! Biblegateway.com says there are 686 verses with the word love. Psalms has 157 verses about love by itself. I thought it would be cool to have just a few verses that you could print out to give to your own Valentine.
The world has a much different perception of love than the Bible does. As 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (NIV) says:
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.
That is something I take seriously. I have been working lately on not being easily angered, self-seeking or prideful. I need to be more patient and kind. My husband has PTSD and that is very frustrating to deal with as his spouse. It is so easy for me to be set off by his anger and that leads to being mean. I also need to work on not bringing up issues from the past that have been resolved. It’s a slippery slope!
I think these verses are great reminders of what God’s version of love is. So read through them and think of your valentine!
Bible Verses About Love
- “For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
- “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” – 1 John 3:18
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” – Deuteronomy 6:5
- “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.” – 1 John 4:7
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” – Ephesians 4:2
- “We love because He first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19
- “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” – 1 John 3:1
- “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” – 1 Chronicles 16:34
- “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” – Romans 12:10
These are just some of my favorite verses about love. I made up this cute little printable for you to enjoy!
What are your favorite verses about love?
Sarah is a thirty-something southern gal from Nashville TN. She is married to Matthew. She loves reading, scrapbooking, photography, blogging, movies, etc. She is close with her family, and has the absolute best friends anyone could ever ask for! She is a stay at home wife, an entrepreneur, an artist and an avid reader.